Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Thursday 24 January 2008

and the winner is...bloscars - those awards in blog world & an award for YOU !

just the past few weeks, I have been awarded two blogging awards and I am very touched and grateful... I really am....
however, I must admit I have a thing about these blogging awards and in saying what I am about to say, I hope I don't sound ungrateful to those who have given me awards in the past. Because I am touched when someone thinks so much of me or my blog that they choose me.

as well as receiving awards, I have also missed out on some... and some of those I missed out on were on blogs who I thought I was a very good friend... and it hurt and I felt sad. I felt like a child that had missed out on an award on presentation night. I didn't feel at all like a '50 year old mature woman'. I felt leftout and I felt silly and petty and childish for feeling this way. I told myself to get over it. I told myself, just like my mother did many years ago, that not everyone can win an award, but that didn't help either.


I know these awards eventually get around to everyone.. so does it really matter when we get them? .... to go visiting blogs and seeing the 'award' title, scrolling down and seeing your own name isn't there, not a fun feeling at all. OR am I the only one who feels like this when they 'miss out' ?
and then once you actually do receive an award, you have to 'choose' so many others to give it to... and of course leave others out.... so how to choose 7 or 3 or 5 ??


when I receive awards I am always touched but then I always think of those like me.. who had missed out and how they felt... do they feel the same as I do when I miss out? ....... so I sat and pondered why I felt this way and tried to look at it from a different perspective... but I couldn't. So I did something creative ......
I thought that each of us is a good blogging friend to many and many are good blogging friends to many others.. so I deciced to create an award for every one who visits here.. to take and pass on to every single blogging friend who visits their blog and keep it going... the 'I am a good blogging friend award '

so take it with love, share it with love and if you wish.. link to this post so that others may see what it is all about. xoox