Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Saturday 26 January 2008

honesty....


.... I am doing some thinking on being honest or so open with my blogging ... I was going through some letters from Daisy (I am making an altered book with her letters and comments) and remembered this from her awhile back.....
Hi Robyn,

I have just been reading your blog. You are very refreshing in your honesty, there are very few honest people on the blogs. I have found it an Australian trait [ If you don't mind me saying so] to face up to things and tell people the truth, what we would call being 'in your face' or 'calling a spade a spade'. I love it.

I do think, please don't take this the wrong way, you frighten people with your honesty, and that is why some turn on you or disappear. I love your honesty, and always think that in blog land you are the person that will give me a straight answer.

As I said your honesty is always going to make you a target, but you must be proud of your honesty, and shrug attacks off, like a dog shaking off water after a swim.

NEVER lose your honesty it is a wonderful commodity to have in this world of ours today. Of course, it is also a commodity that will make your life difficult at times. The truth can hurt, but good comes from it in the end.
Sorry for this long ramble but I wanted to say it all after reading your blog.

Love and Hugs
Daisy xx


I always seem to put my foot in my mouth, the previous post wasn't just about me not receiving an 'award' it was about how we ALL feel when we don't receive one and what the awards are actually for and why they are limited to a number. And the good blogging friend badge was created because we are all friends to each other, linked in a way... as one is a friend to another.. that friendship is passed on to someone else and so it goes, a continuing circle of friendship.. and I think we all deserve an 'award' for that.

after the kerfuffle of the previous post, I was going to make my blog private but reading the letter above from Daisy.. well, it made me realize that sometimes saying what I am thinking may cause me grief but I need to draw a heart around that situation (as advised on Sr. Kathryn's blog- what would love do?) and move on..... so today, I am taking a little break and concentrating on setting up my private Wisdom blog... it needs some work doing on it to get it started in February (I must say it is looking good so far!).... I have been gardening today but will be back soon with things to share.. maybe even for Sacred Life Sunday tomorrow!