Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Saturday 6 March 2010

a trip down memory lane.. through my garden

[well, it seems I was too hasty in saying that we had bought a house. we have been negotiating for over two weeks and we had offered a very good price for the house, the vendor has accepted it but is not ready to sign until he finds a house to move into & has left us wondering what we are to do now.. wait or walk away from that house?

I hate the fact that I am in this limbo state right now with all that is going on. I know that we will be moving from Inglewood in the near future.. just not sure where. I know that the perfect home is out there waiting for us at the right time. perfect divine planning. I just have to keep telling myself that.

I am sad at this turn of events, because truthfully, i had my heart set on that house, I had moved in.. and my soul has left here where I am now. You know what I mean? but something keeps telling me it will all work out for the best.. so the name that i had chosen will remain with me until the house comes along.]


anyhow,

I thought that it might be nice to go back in time.. so if you have time over the weekend.. grab a cup of tea and sit and look at my beautiful garden between 2007 and 2009... it is always nice to reminisce, don't you think?





10 comments:

amelia said...

Beautiful slideshow Robyn. I wish the other house had materialised for you but if it didn't and doesn't, there has to be another, better one out there for you.
I know you've closed your FB account for now but last night our local great horned owl was filling the night sky with his mating call and I got it with my camera. Just the sound that is. It fills the sky when we are outside listening to it but it doesn't sound as good on the video but it can be heard.
Anyways, I posted it if you would like to hear it.

Ruth said...

Oh well - if it is the right house, it will all work out. If not, then maybe something better is just around the corner.

Diva Kreszl said...

Thank you for sharing your garden...it's amazing! The citrus trees, apples, camelias, all amazing! I know you are disappointed about the house, When My husband and I were searching for a cabin getaway I would get diappointed each time one would slip from our fingers, looking back I can see God was saving us for one special place and I love the cabin we found and ultimately bought. It can be unnerving to wait, for house, health rports, anything but time has taught me that in the end God always has a plan and I could save myself great strife if I just trust and wait. I know it's easier said than done but look back on your own life and take comfort in the moments where you can see God's hand in it, it will help you to trust in His plan for the future.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have the most gorgeous garden! Beautiful fruit, flowers, veggies . . . how wonderful it must be to have oranges and lemons in your own yard! (impossible where I am).

mxtodis123 said...

That was wonderful. What a lovely garden! I do appreciate your sharing it with us. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Mary

Serena Lewis said...

If that house is meant for you I'm sure the owner will find another house to buy real soon. Sometimes, delays happen for reasons we don't always understand at the time.

I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ~ xo

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful garden Robyn.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Absolutely gorgeous slideshow, left me wanting more♥ I adore your garden Robyn and one can tell there is such a lot of love and tender loving care given to create this. When one door closes another one opens. The Universe is listening to you and your new home is waiting for you♥ xoxo

gma said...

Robyn,
I really enjoyed your slide show. So many beautiful pictures. The foxgloves are especially pretty.
Your garden it is awash with angels and yet wild...Wish I could walk through it with you.

Janet said...

Such gorgeous photos of your garden. I love those white pumpkins!

The right house for you is waiting. I'm a firm believer in the fact that when there are obstacles to a purchase then it's not right for me. And something better is out there waiting. You'll find it and it will be perfect for you.