Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Sunday 15 August 2010

Farewell to Inglewood

[the removalists arrived bright and early]
I was excited, at last, moving to Villa Maria! something i had dreamed of for weeks..

[piece, by piece they took the furniture to the truck]

[bit, by bit, they filled the truck with my treasures]

[and emptied the house]
and as the house emptied, I pondered on the magick that was Inglewood.. I realized that the magick was me... and I could take it wherever I go

[leaving nothing much of me, but the words I had painted on the wall...]
the last day as I gardened at Inglewood, it started to rain. was Heaven shedding a tear? wonderful rain, watering the garden as it had since before my time there & it will continue after I move on..

[yes, farewell Inglewood].....
and now I live here : Villa Maria taking a little while to settle in, but I know I will get there....

13 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Robyn, I am so glad you did a tribute to Inglewood here so we could move with you and go through the process. I look forward to seeing your new life and am going to check out your home in cyber space now too! Blessings to your new space, your new life.

mxtodis123 said...

Farewell to Inglewood. I'll always remember it for this is where we first met. May you find joy and happiness in your new home.
Mary

amelia said...

I've missed you and am happy to hear from you again.
You will make the magic wherever you go. Look at the wonderful garden you are leaving and the one you are creating at your new house.
Villa Maria will be 'yours' in no time at all..

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

A truly well loved place. :)

A bird in the hand said...

"I realized that the magick was me... and I could take it wherever I go"

Yes!

xxoo Colette

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Farewell, Inglewood! I've enjoyed hearing about you! Now you'll create new magic for your new owners.

Everydaythings said...

going to really miss this place hugs krissie

Angela said...

Looking forward to knowing Villa Maria they way you've allowed me to know Inglewood - through your beautiful eyes.

Mjfontaine said...

Goodbye Robyn i remember this blog and the next chapter.

laoi gaul~williams said...

what a wonderful farewell to inglewood~but yes the magic is within you and will be where you and your beautiful soul will be
xoxoxo

Annie Jeffries said...

Adventures ahead of you and good luck abounding. You can't miss when the hearts are marching along the eaves.

BALLET NEWS said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm Cornish myself and I love your description of 'hedgewitch'. LOVING everything here...

Searching For My Willoughby said...

Thanks for stopping by. I've been more absent than not from blogging lately due to a busy fall but am think it will slow down now. I always come away from your blog feeling uplifted in spirit. You are inspiration to many.

I would like to read your new blog if you're comfortable with adding me.

Take care. Enjoy your new home. Blessings.