Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Wednesday 21 July 2010

how hard will it be?

to leave Woodford?
to say goodbye to Inglewood?
to close Tales of Inglewood?

Inglewood has been my heart home for 10yrs. the place where I found out I had cancer and went through treatments. the place where Sophie grew up from a girl of 10 to a young lady of 21- the place where my eldest daughter was married from. *wedding day*
the home which saw the birth of three of my grandsons.
the place where I started to blog at Daily parcels *cleaning timber floors* ..[how did I know back then that I would be needing a recipe for a wooden floor cleaner?]..Daily Parcels was a simple blog..my very first...
my home Inglewood: where I 'met' my online friends, where I lost & grieved for Daisy...
& what will I miss about Inglewood? I will miss the garden, the changing seasons. I will miss the birds: currawongs, choughs and my friend the Magpie with the sore foot. I will miss how the home wraps itself around me every time I walk through the door.

Woodford is a glorious mid mountains village. not much here except a post office. the general store closed years ago. 10 yrs in a life of a village in the mountains is alot these days. the roads have got busier and now there is a highway being built across the way.
the road where I live was once dirt, now it is kerbed and guttered.
next door to Inglewood where once stood a vacant block of land is a new home. *save faeries*
a home where city folk have moved. those kind who use airconditioning instead of wood fires to keep warm.
so much has changed.
what will I miss about Woodford? I will miss seeing a trickle of smoke coming from someone's home in winter time.. I will miss the eccentricity that is Woodford. the climate that is Woodford. I will miss the chilly cold days.. I will miss the mists that Woodford is known for. I will miss the magick of Woodford

and this beautiful blog. the blog where I moved to when Daisy died. where I have bared my heart and soul. .. will be sad to leave.. but it is really the end of this chapter in my life. I have grown alot. still searching, but a soul peace has settled over me. thank God....
[i may be without internet service for a time (dutch husband is organising the disconnection today).. not sure how long.. when I come back, I will be at Villa Maria full time - both online and in real life]

10 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

My goodness, friend, you have been blogging since 2005. Checked out the old blog. Good byes are hard. I know when I left my last home with my magical garden, I was heartbroken. That was 11 years ago. You are going to be fine.
Looking forward to hearing the tales from Villa Maria.
Mary

mxtodis123 said...

I meant to say that I, too, will miss Inglewood for that is where I first met you.
Mary

Everydaythings said...

see you there!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Woodford and Inglewood are now, and always will be, an inextricable part of your soul, of who you are. Wherever you go, they go with you!

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Miss*R♥♥ What a very moving and heart rendering post. I feel like a right goose but I couldn't help but cry. I haven't been with you from when you first started your blogs but once I found the first one I read it from start to finish, then followed you to your next one, then to Inglewood and yes I certainly will be following you to Villa Maria. You are so honest and true to your soul♥ It has been an honour to read every single one of your posts. Your writing carries me away, perhaps sitting by the fire, underneath a warm cosy quilt, reading a book whilst drinking a special cup of tea or maybe I'm sitting under the tree waiting for the little faeries to stop by. Your blog has added a little magick to my life and I know there are many others who feel the same way.

I can only wish you, Joe and your family all the happiness possible in your new home, Villa Maria. Hopefully you are not off line for too long♥

Robyn, please don't be too sad, think of the legacy you are leaving behind for someone else to love and treasure:)

Farewell Inglewood, it's been a wonderful journey to have shared and we are so fortunate that Robyn had the foresight and love to share her journey with us ♥

Hooroo Inglewood.......

Love Linda xxx

amelia said...

We all feel this way leaving a home of many years, I know I did when I retired and moved but then there are milestones in the new home and they become precious too.

You will build memories, that's who you are...

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh robyn~there is much to miss but it does sound as if it is time to move on, move forwards to new adventures
{hugs}

Diva Kreszl said...

saying a prayer for you, can't wait to share your new adventures with you!

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking about you all day, today being "the day" and all! What a big day for you.
All the very best dearest Robyn -you've created beauty and warmth at Inglewood, enriching that little part of the world,now you can safely leave knowing you're efforts are called for elsewhere. You will rise to the challenge beautifully.
Villa Maria will continue to blossom with your care and committment and the best part is we get to share in the excitment of your new venture.
Wishing you and Joe every happiness in your new home.xxx

Leanne said...

here's to the next chapter...

blessings, Leanne x