Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Thursday 29 April 2010

an autumn stroll for Full Moon

killing a few birds with one stone...and taking a stroll today for the Full Moon, a weekly walk that I have committed to with Julia Cameron's 'Walking in this world' as well as coming up to Samhain tomorrow.

I was disappointed to find that the trees were not as colourful as they should be by now. O'yarrang covered the branches.. this can be used instead of sage to smudge and cleanse.. I gathered a little for tomorrow.

I wanted to collect an array of colourful leaves for my Samhain ancestral altar but all I could find were dry brown leaves. I suppose I could have picked leaves from the branches.. but I like to leave nature to take its course.. not interrupting the flow of things. so I gathered some dry brown leaves.. after all, it is the intention, is it not?

a far cry from the gorgeous & brilliant burgundys, clarets, orange and golds from last year.

Our autumn is very mild this year.. some days are still reaching record summer temperatures... I even spotted an agapanthus flowering in a garden today.. very odd indeed...but I can relate to Mother Nature.. she seems to be having hot flushes just like I am!

7 comments:

amelia said...

What a lovely place! It all looks so magical to me because it's so different to anything I've seen.
I'm with you with leaving nature to take it's course, I never ever have flowers indoors unless it's a potted plant, because I can't bear to pick them and kill them!! I know I'm weird but that's the way I am!!!!

Fire Byrd said...

Love that you and mother nature having hot flushes together.Lets hope you don't storm and rage at the same time!
xx

mxtodis123 said...

So much talk about spring over here, but an autumn stroll sounds nice.
Mary

Annie Jeffries said...

Thank you Robyn for this excellent reminder to pull out my Walking in the World book. I need it out so I can start paying attention to it after June 17th.

C said...

sounds wonderful :) a lovely autumn stroll in the dappled afternoon sun oh heaven :) its Beltane here so all go! lovely to visit the other side :) x x x

Imogen said...

Beautiful leaf pictures; lovely haunting image of autumn... You remind me to go out and take a walk now, in the rest of my lunch break, before it starts raining.

Samhain blessings to you!

Serena Lewis said...

Unfortunately, where I live, we don't get that strong show of autumn at all....barely a whisper, in fact. :(