Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Sunday 14 February 2010

.. into the Everglades on Valentines day

'what do you want to do on Valentines?' dutch husband asked..

I had been thinking of a picnic tea [with marinated chicken wings, tossed green salad, french yeasted sourdough and a strawberry heart cake for dessert & some red to wash it down] at Leura Cascades and then a romantic walk along the bush path to one of the most amazing lookouts in the world. [what we lack in the way of old buildings, here in Australia we certainly makeup for with natural wonders ~ Leura Cascades is just one of many here in my little corner of the world.] But it has been raining for nearly 40days and 40 nights, so that idea was out.

instead, he has booked a table for two at The Everglades Gardens. a National trust property, nearby. [the Everglades Historic home & gardens]

[photos & story of our romantic dinner will come tomorrow!]

8 comments:

Michele said...

swoon...oh, my, how beautiful & romantic! I can't wait to see pics! xoxoxo

amelia said...

The more I read, the more I want to see your country..

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun!

A bird in the hand said...

Enjoy every delicious moment!

xoxo

mxtodis123 said...

The Everglades are beautiful. I can see why you want to spend the day there...and your picnic lunch sounds heavenly.
Mary

Janet said...

Wow! That looks like a beautiful and romantic place for a Valentine's meal. Enjoy!!

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Just divine♥ Perfect location for Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

"...a table for two"...that's sweet.It's a lovely day isn't it, the 14th of February.I ate my husband's chocolate.I did ask...and it wasn't all, just most.Do I sound guilty or what.