Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Monday 3 March 2008

a Monday scrap-book post

autumn is here... we have the chilliness in the air that heralds the coming of autumn... the damp grass in the morning, the long shadows of an afternoon... and the spider webs with twisted leaves, where the spider lives, strung across the paths, waiting to trap some poor unsuspecting insect.. these all let my inner me, know that autumn is coming..

I wanted to show you a photo of the autumn shadows... this photo was taken early this morning and once again I have captured orbs (I think).. I took so much care, to clean the lense and focus properly but still they are there! This was taken under my ancient pine tree, where sometimes I find faery rings.

yesterday, we went on a bike ride to a tiny little town called O'Connell... through some of the most gorgeous countryside - the sky was a sparkling blue and the temperature was, well, damn chilly.... I do some profound thinking while I am on the bike... I kind of enter a Zen zone... I have been finding that Mary Magadalene has been coming into my life alot lately. Awhile ago, I bought a book called The Secret Teachings of Mary Magdalene by Claire Nahmad & Margaret Bailey. Both Daisy and Colette had told me about it, so I went out and bought it and put it on my shelf and promptly forgot about it.. I picked it up a few days ago. Alot of food for thought in this book... anyhow, back to the Zen zone that I am in on the back of the bike.... my thoughts started to wander to Mary Magdalene and I wondered if she were someone that I could connect to on a daily basis.. and as I thought this, I felt my heart chakra warm up. Like it was filled with pure love. It was an amazing sensation and I knew she was with me, right at that very moment. And it felt right. . And you know, she is with me all the time, I can feel her. ... my thoughts wandered a little more....to my ancestors.. I went back in time in my thoughts and how many people I am related to... then back even further to my past lives, a whole different family tree... and back and back I went, til I realized that I must be related to everyone via my soul. This was a very profound moment for me... maybe many of you realize all of this already but it is a first for me... call me a late bloomer! It is amazing while in this zen zone that I manage to stay on the bike. Or are my thoughts just the insanity of a mind that has been lulled into a sense of hypnosis by the constant whirring of the bike engine...

my allergies are back. damn. I thought i had them all under control with all my herb taking and organic food eating.. but the sneezes and watering eyes are back. damn. So instead of being the martyr, I am going to take the chemicals this time. A few discussions with a friend has helped me come to this decision. That, plus all I keep hearing in my head is Daisy, saying 'take the bloody pills'.... and like my friend said 'take the pills you need to, which will give you some relief. You want balance. It sounds like you make good choices already, so it's very possible the positive impact will out weigh the neg. one.' ~ so if I eat properly and take the chemicals.. I should feel better.. it is a hard thing for me to do though, I must admit.

today, I scrubbed my bathrooms... all the while talking to Mary Magdalene. I feel I am on the homeward journey at the moment. at last. here are a few pics of my bathroom...


sometimes, after cleaning.. ~no, make that every time after cleaning, I am really soul satisfied... I look at the gorgeous rooms, all sparkling.. and think to myself - I did that. I created this little piece of Heaven in my home. For myself and for my loved ones.

I have soup simmering on my stove that smells divine and I worked in the garden for an hour or two this afternoon and I am satisfied. I am totally soul satisfied.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I keep repeating myself telling you this, but I love your photos of your garden - it always looks so peaceful - as does that bathtub - I love clawfoot bathtubs! Enjoy a nice long bubblebath there for me, lol - you've earned it with all your hard work making your home a haven (even for those of us who don't live there, but just enjoy it vicariously through your photos:)~
XOXO

Tina said...

Hi down under! I am so glad to see those first signs of spring over here and it seems so hard for me to imagine your signs of autum… But I know them too well and like them when it is their time on our side of the planet.
I like your bathroom, the fresh white goes so well with the warm browns – we also combined these in our new bathroom! Just added a green plant in the corner above the tub which makes it even better. And I’d want to add some candles on the edge of the tub.
It is SO good to read your last sentence in this post!

Sorrow said...

Wonderful, a deep satisfying sigh....need more of those!
( I want to take a bubble bath in that tub! It looks like heaven! lol)

gma said...

Robyn, Scrubbing is a form of prayer,Purification and Renewal....
Often care for our home and care for our soul are linked. The state of your home reflects your inner self. I read that somewhere and it makes sense to me.
Love your bathtub...
I'm so happy you are in the zone.
:-)

Sheila said...

Great post Robyn. I'm sorry to read the allergies are back, but do what you have to, to find relief.
My fall allergies are caused by ragweed.
Your bathroom looks lovely, the tub especially. I always wanted one like that.
It'd sgood you are enjoying the bike rides, and the 'Zen zone' as you call it, is an added bonus.
Hugs
xx

Tracy said...

I often struggle with finding balance, too. I tend to be all or nothing! :)

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh robyn they look like orbs to me!

any repetitive activity that 'settles' our mind brings us to a meditative state so certainly dont ignore the feelings/messages you have!

Kathryn Knoll said...

This is truly the work of the Hestian temple keeper. Communing with Spirit all the while that you are making Sacred Space. You are a priestess!It's a role you know by heart because you have done it many many times in the past. That one chapter in my book "Creating Sacred Space" goes into more detail, but, your blog post says it all
Amen! Blessings, Sr. K

amelia said...

I love your garden, it's beautiful!

amelia said...

and also, it's wonderful to know you have found contentment....

Anonymous said...

These are lovely photos to share Robyn, and simple pleasures are often the best. I was interested that Mary Magdalene was felt as an influence or presence by you, when for me, for no apparent reason it has been St Joseph, to the extent that I feel I do not know, or have ever really acknowledged this dear "quieter" saint.After much internet searching, and feeling aghast at kitschy plastic "Saint Joseph home selling kits",(why do people have to spoil things) I like you, have just wondered how or why Saint Joseph,while at the same time feeling blessed to be in such a receptive and reflective zone.It is interesting to ponder isn't it, not knowing the reason, or in fact, if there needs to be one, other than to look more closely at the qualities of that saint.By the way, your home looks delightful, a real haven.From p.t.

Naturegirl said...

Hello dear Robyn..have been busy as of late and not visiting as much but friends need not apologize I say..main thing is I am here visiting. You are into fall and I am here in SUNNY warm Arizona!!Yes Gemma country..in fact she was my first ph.call this a.m. I'm here for 2 months with hubby vacationing away from my COLD snow mountain..posted photos for viewing..anyway I know the feeling of CLEANING and having that wonderful peace of mind..as I did just that today..making this rented condo into home with my own touches.
I am in the ZEN zone just looking at the mountains here and the sunsets!!!!
hugs NG xo

Anonymous said...

beautiful post - and scrapbook post does that mean this post will be going into your scrapbbook. I love cleaning too and always feel good after and especially when my house benefits from it too. Love that cross candle holder near the bath!Krissie message in a Bottle blog.

mrsnesbitt said...

I can fully identify with your thoughts when on the back of the motorbike. It is indeed my own little place too.
Love your bathroom...will have to take a pic of mine me thinks! LOL!

Suzie Ridler said...

I used to feel that way about cleaning but when in survival mode, I guess things like that slip away. I hope when I thaw I get this inspired again.

I'm glad that female spirituality is all around you Robyn!

Kim said...

Another synchronicity, Robyn. My friend has been telling me to read 'Women who run with Wolves' for a long time, and now you've mentioned it too, I may just do that!

Your garden is lovely, and maybe you've captured a few fairies in your picture! It's funny to think of you sinking into the slumber of Autumn, as we leap into Spring here!

I would love cleaning that beautiful bathroom too, and then to sink into a lovely bath, bliss!

Kim x

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I love your tub too! I have always wanted a clawfoot tub but maybe when I am old I will finally get one. I think you were going into a trance on your bike which is cool! I have to take meds for allergies year-round and if i didn't or if I forget it really ruins my day so I think the meds are good and they will enhance your days inside or outside!

A bird in the hand said...

Beautiful post, Robyn. Except for the allergies. I hope you can find a way to rid yourself of them once and for all.

(I've been reading more on Mary Magdalene and I'm convinced she was not the "pro" they re-wrote her to be in the New Testament; I believe she was a disciple and a teacher, and more besides.)

xoxo

Barbara said...

Lovely post Robyn, I felt moved by your closeness of Mary Magdalene sorry to hear about your allergies returning.

Your garden looks like a very peaceful place.

kathyann said...

Robyn your garden looks great you tend to it so well and your bath is gorgeous,I can imagine having a long hot soak with lots of bubbles and scented candles all around,lovely!Sorry your allergies are back ,hope you feel better soon!Love from Kathyann and the girls

Gina E. said...

Hi Robyn,
You sound a lot happier and more at peace than you have been for a long time. Is it those bike rides? I tend to fall asleep behind Ken if we are on a long ride and the road is smooth enough. Maybe not completely asleep, just dozing, and like you, lulled into dreaming about stuff.