Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Saturday 7 February 2009

what to do on a hot day....

go out into the garden and gather a bunch of fresh mint....


take your favourite water jug...


add some ice along with the mint...


and top with water...
pour into a glass, find some shade and sip ....

or you can come visit Grandma and swim in her pool. But don't forget to put on a hat, slip on a t-shirt and slap on the sunscreen!

or if you are too little to swim, you can stay inside and play with blocks. (yes, this is Harry, who is 10 mths old now)

if you are a bee or a butterfly, then when the garden is watered illegally, you can alight on the wet lucerne and drink in deeply and gratefully that your friend is a law-breaker. Lizards drink from water in leaves, birds gather gratefully around the bird pond that is topped up with fresh, cool water hourly.

not flogging a dead horse here, but Ms.Anon.. you have absolutely no idea.

13 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Harry is adorable!

Your mint water and pool make me breathe in contentment. Here's hoping the heat will die away soon. :)

HUGS!

Fire Byrd said...

It looks wonderful by the pool, till you realise exactly how hot it is. Hoping for cool weather for you soon, and no more snow for me.
xx

Janet said...

The pool looks inviting and that icy cold mint water sounds delicious....but if it's 125ยบ nothing will make you feel cool!! I'm thinking of you and hoping you aren't anywhere near all the wildfires. Stay safe....and just "live" in that pool!!

Jane Le Galloudec said...

I have very much enjoyed reading your blog, especially since when you are very hot I am very cold... its a nice contrast. But just had a very real reminder of how hot you are... Terrible fires in Australia on the uk news. Mother nature is sometimes very fierce. I hope you and yours are safe and well and not too hot! :-) x

linda may said...

Oh I am a survivor. Heat or no.
Harry has grown so much since we first saw him 10 months ago.
Hmmm, I have some nice mint out the back and a bag of ice in the freezer.
Isn't Victoria in a terrible state with their fires. I spent a lot of time in front of sky news last night in horror of it. We had fires in Junee 4 yrs ago now I think and that was terrible but nothing as bad as there.

Bimbimbie said...

Your little man is growing fast Robyn, great place to cool off at Grandma's*!*

Anonymous said...

Harry has grown so much !! It must be great to have a grandmother that has a pool. I think they will enjoy themselves immensely !!
Lots of strength with the heat. I will be thinking of you !!

jc said...

Over here in Scotland we have so much snow at the moment. Your mint drink is the opposite of what I do to keep warm - place a few sprigs in boiling water.

Genie Sea said...

I didn't think it would be appropriate to comment on the previous post with this, but I have given you an award honey on my blog. :) Hope that can in some small way offset the horror. Hugs!

amelia said...

What an adorable child is your Harry!! Just beautiful.

Is that your pool? How do you keep it cool? Most people with pools here have to worry about heating them but I'm sure you don't have to worry about that!

Wendy said...

What a little sweetie! He looks so content playing with blocks. Lucky gramma! Your pool looks wonderfully inviting too.
Hugs

Annie Jeffries said...

Harry is totally adorable. He looks like a life size Tiny Tears doll.

Amy said...

I agree, it's easy for some people to make comments based on what they think they know rather than what they actually aren't living in. I have some fresh mint growing in a pot too, might try your lovely recipe :-)