Pages

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)


Wednesday 2 January 2008

the little blackbird and off on an adventure . .


Thankyou every one for the emails, cards and wishes for my 50th!
yesterday was a wonderful day! My children and grandchildren came for lunch and I wore my wings the whole time! Daisy was there I am sure as when we sat down to lunch, the little blackbird flew into the japanese maple that overhangs my deck and he chirped and twittered, letting us know he was there. When they sang happy birthday, the blackbird started singing his song, loud and clear. This was such a moving thing for me as at that moment, I truly believed that the bird was Daisy, telling me she was there with me.
Last night we went out to dinner to one of my favourite restaurants - the Bon-Ton in Leura... I will post some photos soon

Today, I am of to the sea-side until next Monday. My gorgeous soul man has booked us into a resort right on the beach on the Central Coast.. so that I can rest and recuperate and to be truthful - I cannot wait. I plan to walk on the beach, maybe do some yoga, journalling and being one with the Goddess of the Sea.
see you all when I come home!

21 comments:

Jeanne said...

Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Love Jeanne
Blessings!

smilnsigh said...

Oh look, I did find a way to come here and wish you a Happy Birthday. :-)

Have a lovely trip.

Mari-Nanci

DAWN said...

Safe journey, my friend.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Have a lovely time by the sea!

The blackbird is the perfect little visitor!

Leanne said...

have a wonderful time Robyn, say hello to the sea faeries for me!

leanne x

Sheila said...

Have a wonderful time, Robyn, rest and relax.
hugs
xx

Laurie said...

Dear Robyn,
Just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year and sending you belated Birthday Wishes!!
Have a wonderful trip!

nonizamboni said...

Hoping your birthday at the seas-side is wonderful!

Brandi Reynolds said...

oh I just love that your daisy was there with her wings on to share teh day with you. Enjoy the seaside!

A bird in the hand said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, sweetpea! And thank you for the faery invitation. As you can see, I'm always late, so I wouldn't be able to do justice to the faeries.

Here's to a wonderful year ahead.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Gill said...

So glad the blackbird sung to you at your party!!! ;D
Happy 50th Robyn...!!!!
I think you are WISE and WONDERFUL!
I am trying to pick back up with my blogging. Sorry it always takes me so long to get by here. When you can, check the post for January 2nd on my blog, it is the day we put our fairy wings on for you! Although you can only see them a little bit, we were horsing around in front of the camera for you!
Much love to you and many happy returns,
soak in that sea~!
xo
Gillian

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Love to you, have fun!!! lots of it, maybe in a motorcycle;-)

eric1313 said...

Happy birthday! Just dropped by from Gillian's to wish it.

Peace!

Naturegirl said...

Robyn enjoy your time at the seaside.
Daisy was there with you I am sure of that on your birthday as she also guided me when I posted my most memorable posts of 2007...my tribute to Daisy "Heaven Scent Daisy" was one I chose. Her spirit ~flutters about~
many of us that she had touched with her wise and giving spirit.hugs Star Carrina Alexandria

J C said...

OOOH Lucky you! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time, I'm sure that won't be hard to do ; )
Love to hear from you when you get back !!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Happy Birthday my beautiful friend! I hope you got your pendants in time and had a great time with your party. Thank you for the beautiful card and handmade ornament, I love them!

kathyann said...

Have a great time Robyn I'm sure you will,the seaside sounds so relaxing,what a lovely suprise!lots of love from Kathyann and the girls

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Robyn, You must be back by now. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday. Warm wishes, Annie

The Ginger Darlings said...

Beside the sea is the place to be, for human and cat alike. If the wind has been as strong in cornwall you will be having a blustery time!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I tried to come into the portal and comment but i don't know if i was able to comment or not. Anyways hope it was a wonderful day for you!
Blessings,
Amy